Winner of Challenge No 1 - ~0bsidianFire!!!!!!!
is the first winner of the %Apo-Weekly-Challenge Hurray! Congratulations!
More great work from ~0bsidianFire's collection
Second place goes to *Dawgit
Third place goes to *GraphicLia
I have put the Rules for Submitting Entries and the Voting Guidelines in the About Us tab of the group.
You will also find there
- The beginning of an FAQ
- A bunch of general Apophysis tutorials
- The code I follow when submitting an entry
Finally and most importantly, you are welcome to suggest challenge ideas by sending a note to the group. I cannot promise I will use them all, but any inspiration is appreciated.
Challenge No 3 - Colors, Weights, Frame and FX
This challenge is based on a suggestion by ^tatasz with a bit of adaptation on my part. We are all going to use the same basic flame which I devised from the most pleasant Built-in Creativity Apophysis Tutorial by ~guagapunyaimel. I threw in a couple more transforms so we would have more material to work with.
The task of the challenge is to very tangibly transform this flame. To do so, you are invited to
- change the gradient (the gradient itself, hue, saturation, brightness, contrast, blur, frequency)
- modify the weights of the transforms, which can have a huge effect on the image
- play with the coloring (colors tab of the editor)
- adjust the rendering parameters (gamma, brightness, vibrancy, background)
- reframe, rescale
- alter the Final Transform any which way you want
- adding/removing xforms
- moving xforms around, rotating, skewing
- adding/removing variations
- altering variations values
- altering variables
This is the flame to modify. The parameters of this Challenge 3 base flame are posted in the Resources folder.
Let's see the many faces this flame can have!
Don't forget to vote for your favorite artwork of Challenge No 2!